Tata Sky Complaints & Reviews

2.1
Last updated Sep 27, 2022

File a complaint to Tata Sky

Having problems with Tata Sky?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Tata Sky customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Tata Sky

Tata Sky Website

Tata Sky Head Office Address

Unit 301 to 305, 3rd Floor, Windsor, Off C.S.T. Road, Kalina, Santacruz (East)
Mumbai City District

Tata Sky Phone Numbers

Toll free
1860 500 6633

View more phone numbers

Tata Sky reviews & complaints page 586

Hi I am using he Tata sky set top box. Recently i got a call from them regarding an offer, to get the Supreme Sports pack annually for a recharge of 1200. After the recharge is done, they are not changing the package and i am not getting these new channels. Still i am getting the old channels. The customer care says that the offer packages are to be changed by the back end team. I have waited for more than 36 hours, still no one from such team is calling me. It is just waste of time with these tata sky. They dont provide the enough information. They cannot handle any work , they dont care for the customers. I have been calling them daily 4-5 times and every time it is a different story from them. I suggst dont rely on them.
Aug 13, 2020
Inspite of assurance & payment by debit card for add- package the HD chanels are not activated We have received SMS & confirmation phone calls stateing the action has been taken for inclusion of add-on package. But inreality we observed that nothing has been done. Due to this dealay we have missed viewing IPL matches this is total leathargy by Tata Sky

Tata Sky HD Plus — Installation not done even after SLA period is over

My tata sky HD plus box installation was not done even after 4 days .They have the worst Customer care . Only gives false promises.
    Below is the complaint , I sent to the nodal officer Karnataka.

Also forgot to mention, I stay in Outer Ring road, near JP Morgan, in apt complex close to the main Road.
    This info is to tell the fact that , my house was not in an area which was difficult to access.

br...

DEAR SIR,

I HAVE PURCHASED LG32 LD 345 LCD TV AND HAVE GOT FREE TATA SKY
    CONNECTION WITH FREE INSTALLATION WITHIN 72 HOURS OF ACTIVATION THE
    COUPON.

MY REQUEST ID -[protected]

I HAVE ACTIVATED THAT COUPON AND REGISTERED MY INSTALLATION ON
    26.03.2011 08.00PM,THEY HAVE CONFIRMED ME THAT THE CALL WILL COME FROM
    TATA SKY ENGINEER DO INSTALLATION WITHIN 72 HOURS.

BUT NOBODY HAS RESPOND FROM TATA SKY SINCE 72 HOURS,

THEN I HAVE REGISTERED 1 COMPLAINT IN TATA SKY CUSTOMER CARE REGARDING
    INSTALLATION AND THEY HAVE PROMISED ME TO DO INSTALLATION BEFORE 72
    HOURS.

BUT I HAVENT RERCEVIED ANY CALL OR ANY PERSON FOR INSTALLATION.

I HAVE CALLED CUSTOMER CARE FOR 4-5 TIMES BUT NOBODY HAS PROVIDE ME
    THE INSTALLATION.

SIR, I HAVE PURCHASED LCD TV OF RS. 25000/- TO SEE MATCH -WORLD CUP
    2011 AND I HAVE MISSED THAT GREAT MATCHES BECAUSE OF THE POOR SERVICE
    OF TATA SKY.

SO I HEREBY REGISTER MY COMPLAINT AGAINST THE TATA SKY FOR THEIR BAD
    SERVICE AND INCONVENIENCE FACED BY ME.

PLEASE PROVIDE ME GOOD SERVICE AND WEAVER FOR THE INCONVENIENCE FACED
    BY ME BECAUSE OF TATA SKY.

THANKING YOU.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,

PRAGNESH SISODIA

MY REQUEST ID -[protected]

MB. NO. [protected] , [protected]
    BANGALORE

TATA SKY (Satellite Television) — Poor Communication Service

During subscription committed fees included for six months but deducted the activation charges & deactivated the same within four months.Complaint several times on their call centre but till yet no satisfactory reply has been received nor activation has been done.Looking for your cooperation with positive result.
    THANKING YOU. FROM:
    Bhavesh Dhirawani
    28th April 2008.

TATA SKY DTH — Poor services,misleading information

I am a subscriber to Tata Sky (Cust.ID [protected]).Their website keeps shutting down perhaps due to poor bandwidth, the phonelines are continuously busy and if youhget through you have to listen to pre-recorded sales babble for more tan 10 minutes afterwhich you give up, theydonot reply to emails, they change your package unilaterally.I have bought Supersaver package paying Rs 330 per monthmwhich includes BBC, ESPN, Stra Sports, Ten Sports.Suddenly the rate has been reduced and the above channels blocked without any information demanding separate payment, thus actually increasing package cost.
    Now even after I have paid and confirmation recd from Tatasky that the channels are being added on within 54 hours, nothing has been done. This is disgusting !!!

TATA SKY DTH — Not installed. Purchased on 26/10/08.

We have purchased TATA sky DTH service, the payment has been made in full. Your customer care people were contacted but they are failing to install the apparatus since a week.

ID no.- [protected]

Mr. Ashok Kumar Mishra.
    Extremely poor service regarding communication & new Tatasky installation!!! I have appiled for new tatasky connection through online paying all the required money. The site saying that the installation will be done within 3-5 days. 31st of March I've applied for the same & today is 7th April; 7 days gone. No one even contacted me for a single time for this installation. Even through out this 7 days, everyday I called to customer care requesting & complaing about the same but no response I got. Every time the customer care representaive said that we'll contact you within 2 hours & do the installation very soon within a day but, just leave about the installation, no one even called me for a single time. I just beome mad by requesting & complaining again & again but still not a single response from their side. I don;t know when they will contact me & when they will set-up everything. I am tooooooooooooooooo much disapointed. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Tata Sky — setup box not working last 15 days

Reminder

-----Original Message-----
      From: Sofia G Vora
      Sent: 03/28/2011 1:44 PM
      To: '[protected]@tatasky.com'
      Cc: '[protected]@yahoo.co.in'; 'Complaints India'
      Subject: RE: Tata sky

My subscriber no [protected]

Till date we have not solve our problem & last 15 days nobody care for resolve...

Tata, Tata Sky HD Plus With Video Recording — Horrible Customer Service/ No Installation

I purchased the Tata Sky HD Plus with video recording about 10 days back on 19th March 2011 & am still waiting for it to be installed after several enquiries & complaints to the customer service. I stay in Gurgaon so not some far off village where the service can be tough to provide. I have tried everything & spoken to senior supervisors who have promised me installation on the next day however today is the...

Hello There,

???????????????????????????????????????????
      Installation is still due and there is no communication.

----- Forwarded Message ----
      From: Rrajevv Vyass <[protected]@yahoo.in>
      To: [protected]@tatasky.com
      Cc: [protected]@tatasky.com
      Sent: Fri, 25 March, 2011 12:21:15 PM
      Subject: Fw: ID-[protected]. Multiple Issues with customer care team.

Hello There,

My subscriber ID is - [protected] Mumbai.
      From bottom of my heart... I am completely disappointed with the services from Tata Sky... Completely fed up would be the right word for Tata Sky and Tata Sky associates.

I have 2 connection at my Santacruz home, Tata Sky Plus and a normal Tata Sky PVR. I would like to move normal PVR at my office. I have been chasing people from post to pillar and calling them on daily basis to relocate my connection to my new office.I had assurance from your team members that it would be done and your service engineer will call me. After doing various follow up calls for installation of dish at my office. One fine day I realized from your floor manager that relocation with the same ID is not possible and I will have to get a new ID for the same.

My question to you, Why wrong information is given to us ??? Every time I call and I get different answers.

At the same time your floor manager also agreed and accepted the fact stating ''Sorry for the wrong information". Do you think sorry makes a dead man alive.

Secondly, since I have agreed upon relocation with a new ID. I have been chasing Tata Sky assocaites on daily basis and still the installion is not done yet.
      How many more calls do you expect from me.
      Kindly check the history, I would have called more than 10 times.

If the company expects only educated people to buy Tata Sky than you must advertise in that manner.
      Do you expect multiple calls at your call center???
      Do you expect e-mail ???This would not be possible for a lay man. Isn't it ????????????????????????????????????

Understand the ground realities. Because with such conditions a lay man would never be able to look forward for any resolution and thats my genuine feedback to the organization.

Any product sold should have a better back up and I am sure you would agree.

I look forward for your immediate resolution.

Also check the mail below, which I had sent you in past. Issues...Issues and Issues..............

Mumbai.

----- Forwarded Message ----
      From: "[protected]@yahoo.in" <[protected]@yahoo.in>
      To: Tata Sky <[protected]@tatasky.com>
      Sent: Thu, 3 March, 2011 2:11:53 AM
      Subject: ID-[protected]. Multiple Issues with customer care team.

Hello there,

I am putting forward my point with deep grief. I hold 2 connections from Tata Sky and I belong to Premium category. My subscriber ID is [protected]. I hv Tata Sky Plus and a normal Tata Sky Set top box. This morning, I hv upgraded One of my connection to Tata Sky HD. That means, now I hv Tata Sky Plus and Tata Sky HD. Surprisingly your system engineer was suppose to visit at my residence for configuration, but there was no communication from your team, neither there was a call. This noon I called at customer care Dept. I communicated my problem for configuration of HD, your associate ws not ready to understand and he was absolutely rudeless wt me. Very sad behavioral issue faced by me. Worst part is that my number [protected] (premium number) has been registered in your system for Mr Vivian (God knows how). May be someone is misusing my number in your database. Do this changes on ASAP basis. This eve I called again and Mr Bhushan promised me that I wld receive a call in nxt 30-60minutes. This commitment failed again. Every time I make a Call at Tata Sky I am always disappointed. Your customer care team needs a serious attention (with no offense). Pls train them to understand customers problem and does not create confusion.

Resolve my cell phone number issue and send your engineer to fix my problem.

I wld also like to rate Viva marketing as negative dealer in Mumbai for giving false commitments.

Hope you take my feedback positively and work upon it.

Mumbai.
      Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel
      Aug 13, 2020

I bought a TATA SKY connection froma dealer ABABA from raipur. We requested a certain package as per the list as TATA SKY has been advertising that choose your package. But dealer insisted that we should go for the package which he suggested. But we categorically told that we need the package which we have suggested. But while registering he gave me the Package which he had advised. When I called him saying why he nas not given the package which I suggested he said Now i have done it and the package cannot be changed for three months.

So even if TATA SKY has been advertising that Package is as per your choice It is not so, there are hidden terms and conditions which dealers wont tell you. Pathetic.
        Aug 13, 2020

We are regular customer of tata sky in our city from past so many times and our customer ID is [protected]. Now after that we apply for New Digicard tata sky service for which new customer No.[protected] was given on dated 17.03.2011 but apart form that day the service has not been started yet and we personally have requested so many times to the authorsied dealer of tata sky in our city M/S Ganesh Enterprises, Opp DRM Office, Bikaner but no responnce is given and according to the rules lof TATA SKY service has to start in 24 hours but after making so requests they are givieng no responce so please direct the service provider to start my service and also pay me Compensation for my mently harasment as i have toleranted. Name of service provider is Rakesh mobile no. [protected]. Please take necessary step and correspodance to me on my email ID [protected]@yahoo.com.
          Aug 13, 2020

My Tata Sky ID no. Is [protected].

It has been a nightmare for me since I installed Tata Sky connection at my home. Earlier, I do not even remember if I was ever bothered by the cable TV and it never used to be in my mind..But, since I have taken Tata Sky, it seems my only objective in life now is to manage the Tata Sky connection.

I Got this installed on 28th Feb this year and it came with one month free of Rs 380 plan (including sports channels).

It was supposed to be installed at 11 am, where as their people turned up only At 4:30 pm.

Two days later, when I was waiting to see a world cup cricket match, to my utter dismay and shock, I found all the sports channels went off showing me a message that those were optional channels not included in my package.

After umpteen calls, sports channels came not untill one complete day was lost.

On 7th, I was in USA when I received my wife's sms that Tata Sky connection has been withdrtawn since we had not paid Rs 100 for extra cable used during installation. I had paid Rs 100 to the installation people the same day the connection was installed. I had to call Tata Sky from USA spending thousands of rupees on the international call to get my connection back next day.

Fearing about the fate of my connection once the one month period is over, I decided to re-fill in advance and change my plan for subsequent period. To my surprise, the call center people simply put me on the IVRS for payment without asking which plan I was interested in from next month. I forced them to mention in my account the plan I was choosing for the next month lest I should be bothered again by disconnecting my connection once my free period is over.

To my horror today, when I was in a business meeting, l received a call from Tata Sky call center asking me the plan for which I deposited the amount.

I thought Tata Group was one of the very few value and system driven organization. Was I wrong? Will some one pay heed to my agony?

Neeraj Goel
            Aug 13, 2020

My name is Kaushik Desai. I am a Tatasky subscriber. My subscriber Id is: [protected]
              I had ordered a new Dish for my Tata Sky digicomp as my current Dish got accidently broken by some workers. I ordered for a new dish on 17/03/2011.

I was told that the new dish will be delivered in next 24hrs. But no one came. I called them on 18/03/2011 evening and again I was promised that the dish will be delivered on 19/03/2011 morning. But no one came. Again we called, and now they say that the dish will be delivered by 21/03/2011 morning. Again no one came. Now I call them again and they say that the dish will be delivered by 22/03/2011 morning. Till now all I have got is complaint ids:
              1-[protected] (for delivery on 19/03/2011, 11:00 hrs)
              1-[protected] (for delivery on 19/03/2011, 18:00 hrs)
              1-[protected] (for delivery on 21/03/2011, 14:00 hrs) (on phone I was told, delivery will be done on 20th)
              1-[protected] (for delivery on 22/03/2011, 11:00 hrs) (the latest id)
              They can't play with the customers like this. An action should be taken against them.
              Aug 13, 2020

I am extremely sad to find a company of repute and brand of Tata stooping to unfair pricing and forcing consumers to purchase what they do not need. Considering world cup season, I wanted to add sports channel for a month. However, to my horror, Tata Sky has (suddenly) changed their policy and insisting on a min of 90 days (3 months) of subscription. I have already raised my protest at their call center but they seem to be indifferent. Why should a consumer be forced to pay for something he/she is not interested in?

I hope a central agency looks into the pricing practices of the DTH providers and gets some sense to the white collar loot by Tata Sky.
                Aug 13, 2020

I have taken connection from tata sky, in Jan 2011 Sub ID [protected] for South economy pack, I was told that if I pay the Rs 999/- through credit card Grand pack will be given free for one month. I have agreed for the same but the system continues to charge as per Grand pack even after one month, even though my connection is South economy pack according to the supervisor Mr Sudhir I should have called him and changed the package to South economy, but I was always on South economy pack and the system is not changing from Grand pack to South economy after the free period. This is a system bug, I should not be charged at that rate for their mistake. I came to know about it when I received SMS for payment remainders. I request you to reverse my money which was deducted for Grand pack which I have not asked for and should be charged for only South economy only.

I deserve a free connection for 1 year for identifying the bug in tata sky s/w

Your sincerely
                  Uma pathy

Dear TATA SKY,

I'm disgusted with your ridiculous ' 90 days lock in periodpolicy'.

How can you bill on a monthly basis and lock in for three months????

This is tantamount to extortion....even though I've got a TATA SKY PLUS connection...I won't give you my business...not a single rupee to TATA SKY anymore.

You'll allow the customer to add channels via sms but won't allow the removal thru sms...what kind of a twisted, contused system is this?

I'll let the more professional, competent, transparent people have my business..even if it costs me more. I'll take my HD connection next from someone else.

Please tell me ASAP the procedure to disconnect TATA SKY PLUS permanently.

I regret the day I decided to buy this crappy product where all the technology is imported from SKY...seriously what is your contribution TATA?

TATA SKY SUCKS!!!
                    Aug 13, 2020

Tata Sky — NON DELIVERY OF ZEETOS REDEMPTION GIFTS.

I AM A CONSUMER OF TATA SKY WITH MY SUBSCRIBER ID # [protected].

I HAD 2 PROBLEMS WITH REGARDS TO REDEMPTION OF GIFTS AGAINST ZEETOS FROM TATASKY.

1) I HAD REQUESTED REDEEMPTION OF TOY HELICOPTER ON 27TH DEC, 2010 WHICH IS YET TO BE RECEIVED BY ME. ON CONTACTING WITH TATASKY EARLIER THEY USE TO SAY THAT THE SAME WILL BE DELIVERED WITHIN OR ON THE 60TH DAY FROM THE REQUEST OF REDEMPTION.

NOW THEY...
                      Hi - I ordered Tata Sky on Saturday (12th March) and paid them in full. I was told that my installation would be completed in 3 days. However, after various calls (more than 5 as we speak) and various times when I was asked to stay at home to wait for the engineer, I am still without Tata Sky. I have all the agent names and so on, so happy to provide it to the relevant folks. Would appreciate any help in getting me a refund.

Thanks!br...

I have been trying to get Tata Sky for my TV , and every time the service center keeps saying that they will get to me as soon as possible. It has been days since I've asked for the connection and am so far getting very poor service indeed. On 8th March 2011 I contacted service personnel at Bangalore center and gave my mobile number. The personnel said that he would get in contact with me in 24 hours. Till 11th no one contacted. On 11th again, I rang up the service center and registered and was given an ID number and promised to give me connection within 24 hrs. But nothing happened. On 14th March I called again and the service personnel told me that they are bound to give connection within 72 working hours and hence I may get connection within another 24 hrs. But the time has run out. No one bothered to contact me. I never expected to receive such horrible service from such a noteworthy service provider.
                      My ID is [protected]
                      Aug 13, 2020
                      Absolutely correct. TATA Sky people are getting in lip service mode. I have HD connection with annual subscription. yesterday I complained about the remote not working. The complaint was registered and i got a call from Lucknow TATASKY fixing the time between[protected] to replace the remote on 7.7.2012. However neither anybody came nor they had the courtesy to call and express the difficult. Called up the north area call center and got the routine reply that they will do their best to get the thing sorted out. That is for the efficiency of so called most efficient corporate house of India. God save us: the customers.

Tata Sky — CANCELLATION OF SERVICE AND REFUND OF MONEY

My name is Ravishankar Y
                        I have ordered TATASKY HD for my home. There was lead time of week to get the HD set installed. Specific reason is to watch the world cup in HD.
                        Prior to install (not yet installed) Due to work related issues I had to travel and decided to cancel the service as I will not be able watch world cup from home.
                        My Subcsriber ID is [protected]

I have called TATASKY twice and...

I have recharged my account online as per the provisions available.However,the services are not available..I have called customer care and spoke to them.The executive says that he does see a transaction but the amount is not yet credited to the account however,the amount has been deducted from my account.He says you have to wait till it get's updated.
                        Therefore,after the money is deducted from my account still I have to wait ,it does not make sense.I have paid for the services not to wait.
                        Therefore,wanted to post this here.

Tata Sky — NOT TO CONTINUE THE SERVICE

i am going to gulf for that reason i want to cancelled the connection with immediate effect, so pls do the needfull as early as possible,i have one connection and one addtional room connection ,so two degicomp is working so pls take the digicom and refund the money as early as possible.
                        To consern Complain officer

I am regular costumer since last 5 years
                        I have shifted the residence in october 2012.

My tata sky services is decontinued from 30 october 2012.
                        I have recharged for rs. 750 on 30 th 2012
                        and request was placed for installation of dish at new address.
                        My costomer ID.is [protected]
                        MyRegisterdMobile no with you is [protected].
                        We are continuously calling to your costumer care but no body bothered to attend the the complains
                        We are very unhappy with your services and annoyed of your services .
                        I will prefer to tell the people not to go for your tata sky connection to avoid the irregular, services and harrasment.

Now every day Rs.35 from my balance as punishment to continue your services.

my tata sky digicomp is not working since 6 days.i tried calling to tata sky helpline but no 1 is lifting the phone.if they do they keep us on hold for 15 minutes and after that they say that they are upgrading the system and do nothing about it.i humbly request tata sky to please attend the complaint as early as possible and send some 1 to my place. They Said That Their Person is Cuming Today But Nobody comes Still They Are Making Me fool That Person Is on The way Making Stories EveryDay But Still Nobody's Here Do Something Tata Sky Or Your Name Will Be Washout......!!!

TATA SKY DTH — Poor services

I am using tatasky DTH and the subscriber id is [protected].
                          on 21st October 2010, I am not getting channels on my TV and tried to talk to technical support team through helpline. As usual it took more than 15 min (holding the phone) for the executive to come on line and the voice is so feeble and no clarity in the voice. Ultimately it was informed that a complaint was registered and the technician will attend the complaint within 24 ~72 hours and also the charges are Rs350/-. We are still waiting for the technician to come and we could not watch the TV for the past 48 hours. If you go for new connection they will come immediately and install. After sales service is very very poor and the response is also bad. I request everybody not to opt for Tatasky DTH.
                          B S S KUMAR
                          TATASKY SUBSCRIBER ID : [protected]
                          hi

Really this is useless service . never been tell any body to go with tatasky .

I am also suffering from the same issue . my mobile number is [protected]. i recd sms the technician are coming on 23 oct 2010 for the whole day no body called and when i m calling to tatasky it was around 5 calls every duration of 25 min, 35 min and 50 min . these are very careless guys .

One more thing they are saying u can recieve like this sms also . i talk to chandu and rakesh they will keep u on hold for 20 min minimum, there is no team lead in tata sky all are the executive level.

It's a waste money and time to talk with Ms. Sri Karuna Team Leader with the same details as recieved sms of timings .the new answer came is She donot aware of the things ... and dont have the records ...

Still suffering from tata sky s already paid for a year amount ...

Next year throwing really...

Ajay

Hi, I am Kannan from Bangalore ,(Customer ID number with TATA SKY [protected]) I have a TATA Sky connection form almost 3 years now, and have been facing a lot of problems for the past year. Looks like TATA has made enough money by looting consumers. in the past 6 months though I have enough balance in my account the connection stops playing and says error, and I am forced to have an engineer form TATA Sky to visit by paying about 150/- for the visit apart from they taking 48 hours to respoond and deduct my daily rentals. This is the 4th time this is happening in the past 6 months and the Customer care people just repeat the TAT time like parrots and also I need to call Hyderabad from my cell phone which is again a cost to me and they have no response at all. I would seriously advice people not to use TATA Sky at all as they are looting people and taking away the rights of consumers. I deserve service for the money I pay. The representitives speak like they are doing a favour to consumers,.
                            request to kindly suggest as to what action I could take and see to that TATA respects consumers. I could name all the representatives that I have spoken to in the past couple of days.

Kannan Sundararajan