Tata Sky
Tata Sky Ltd.

Tata Sky Customer Care

TwitterFacebookLinkedInYoutube
Unit 301 to 305, 3rd Floor, Windsor, Off C.S.T. Road, Kalina, Santacruz (East)
Mumbai City District

Prepaid +91 92 3301 2524

View More Information...

Good

Tata Sky Complaints & Reviews

The customer care from Tata Sky is worst. It took 16 minutes to register a change in packages.

The executives dont even know what packages they have and what to do further with the needs of the clients.

Also website is damn slow, even to recharge the account.

To the management of Tata Sky. If you want loyal customers to stick with you, kindly improve the efficiency of your website and customer care, else witness your downward curve.
Aug 13, 2020
The website is damn slow...

Its pretty clear that this has nothing to do with my internet connection, other websites loads well at the same point of time, but tatasky website... yukk, takes almost 10-15 minutes to get the glimpse of the website. Not to mention I have a 2 MBps connection.
I have Tata sky connection since last three years.
My details is given here under
ID [protected]
sector 15, House no 1947,
Panchkula, Haryana

I have got transfered from Gandhidham, Gujarat. and got installed the Digicom by your authorized person and payed for the installation for the same and within two months i made a complain for the signal problem as it starts raining i have re complained against the complain no I[protected] on Dated 30/6/2009 that my signal quality was not so good to give the proper signal to operate the Digicom but the Engineer was send on 1/7/2009 before that i told clearly that i will not make the payment for the installation as this is the case of improper installation. at your end as the signal clarity was low at the time of installation it was around 20 ~ 25 on the screen when when checked the signal quality in signal testing system setting.
As i am from the electronics field and i am working in field of PCB manufacturing from last 18 years.
Please clarify the matter of charging double installation charges for one installation as the installation was not done properly and for rectifying the same i was charged two times and which was debited from my recharge directly without my consent which is wrong and should be refund immediately
My registered mobile no is [protected].

Hemant

I wish to lodge a complaint against tatasky. In January 2007, I purchased the subscription at Rs. 400 per month (for two set top boxes). The subscription included All sports channels including (Neo Sports, ESPN, Neo Sports Plus, Star Sports etc.). Now, after an year and a half, they have started two new add-on packages Sports Gold and Sports Platinum for which I need to pay effectively Rs. 45 extra. What tatasky is doing is charging more for same base channels, thus looting the public. Morover, for every new channel they are charging extra, which is not what they guaranteed when they first started the service. I request a consumer organisation to intervene and take necessary steps against Tata Sky.
    Dear sir/ medam mera id no [protected] hai mai pahle 301 rs ka recharge karata tha magar kuch channel active kare ke baad paisa jayada lagney laga aor mai itna nahi de paunga is liye mera active channel hata kar mera purana skim hi chala de pls
    sir aor ho sake to phone no vhi change kar de [protected]
    kewal english mai mess dene walo ki suni jati hai ya hindi aor garib aadmi ki vhi sunwai hoti hai . tata sky par
      This week (1st June 2008) I came to know that tatasky has revised their packages and I wanted to change to a lower package...
      TATA Sky dropped abruptly DD Podhigai free to air channel recently. Complaints to help line is useless. I wanted to escalate...
      We have taken the TATA sky last year and from then later on some new channels that has been announanced are not available...

I have been using Tata Sky service for more than a year now and my current subscription that was taken more than 5 months back gets over on 1st July 2008. Am subscribed to the South Jumbo Pack @ Rs.350/- per month and the same expires on 1st July 2008. Under this plan am entitled to receive all the channels including ESPN and Star Sports. However now the company has removed the above channels and some more channels alongwith this stating that the plans have changed and i have to pay additional money for subscriptions of the said channels and even after sending the SMS for subscriptions the company has sent an SMS stating they are unable to complete the request and repeated call to the call centres are going unanswered.

This tantamounts to breach of contract and also abuse of consumer given the captive nature of the service. The channels have been withdrawn just before the Euro 2008 tournament intentionally to make ESPN and Star suffer the most irrespective of the duress caused to the customer.

Request that the Forum to direct TataSky to restore ESPN Star channels as per the contract entered into while subscribing to the said plan that is still active and also ensure that the company doesnot abuse and take advantage of the captive nature of the contract.

TATA SKY DTH SERVICE — LOUSY CUSTOMER CARE SERVICE

Tata Sky has become a service provider where helplines remain always busy and if somehow gets the line free after keep on trying for several hours, he/she can only listen recorded voice messages and nobody picks up the phone. Its a wastage of time and money.

Tata Sky DTH Service — unsatisfactory service and bad equipment

I subscribed to tata sky on 14th july 2008.initially it was working fine but on evening of 9th august 2008 i stopped receiving the signal.when i called the customer care they said it is because of the heavy rains and unfortunately the rains continued for 36+ hours continuously.Finally an engineer came to my place two days after i had registered the complaint.he changed the digicomp but still no signal!! So finally he told that there is a problem with the DigiCard and it has to be changed and for that they need two more days as the digicard is generated through a machine and that machine was not available with them in hyderabad, it was in bangalore!!! The problem was finally solved but it them 6 days to do it.
      Now today, on 28 August, as soon as it started raining again the same message on the screen "NO SIGNAL"!!!
      Again i have to go through the same long procedure.
      i AM FED OF THIS TATA SKY!! I SIMPLY WANT MY MONEY BACK!!

Tata Sky — restore tata sky

I HAVE RECHARGED MY TATA SKY UNDER ID NO [protected] AT 15:10PM ON 1-02-09 THROUGH INTERNET BUT THE SERVICE HAD NOT YET BEEN RESORTED SO KINDLY RESTORE MY SERVICES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
      THANKINGYOU

TATA SKY DTH SERVICE — Response to calls

Hi, I recently shifted from Hyderabad to Gurgaon, I was trying to their helpline numbers for more than a week to get the service re-installation, but the calls are attended only by the recorded messages, stating the call will be transfered to the associate but never it is answered by the associates, only music is heard. I lodged even a service query (Query no. SR[protected] in their website, which is also closed even before the problem is resolved. Im facing a great inconvenience because of this. I don't know what is happening.
      Regards, Priya
      The re-installation should be undertaken by the technician of the old area or in case you have transported the hardware you can allot a new technician to visit the place to complete the installation. There must have been a technical error due to which the agent might have not received the call after the IVR. I have had good customer service experience with their representative they have made timely arrival in case a tech visit was required you too should try to connect with their helpdesk once again and they will be able to send a technician to your new location and get your hardware installed. you could use the query details as your reference number in that case they will be able to pull up the case history and that will also save your time on call. Or else, you could also allot a tech visit from your new area local dealer.

TATA SKY DTH SERVICE — REGISTERED DIGICOM WITH WRONG NAME

I PURCHASE 2 TATA SKY DIGICOM 1 FOR MY BEDROOM AND 1 FOR MY DRAWING ROOM I REQUIRED MULTIROOM FACILITY BETWEEN THESE BOTH CONNECTION HOWEVER AFTER SO MANY DAYS I WAS NOT GIVEN THE FASCILITY OF MULTIROOM FASCILITY AND MY SECOND DIGICOM WAS REGISTERED WITH SOME OTHER NAME I MANY TIME REQUESTED FOR CORRECTION OF MY NAME

TATA SKY DTH SERVICE — non functional after few minutes

the signal is not working properly as after few mins there is a display of ERROR 02 displaying non insertion of digital card properly and then there is no display of video.our subscriber id is[protected]

Tata Sky — Customer Service [Resolved]

For the last 5 days I have been trying to speak to their customer service team however, everytime you select an option in...

Government should intervene immediately, This Tata sky is making fun of all the customers. They say every thing is for the benift of customer. i am residing at chennai, i have South Jumbo pack. i was getting all the channel for the monthly charges of 350rs. Now they advertise that they slashes the Package price to 310 from 350. but they have disconnected all the sports channels (Star Sports, Espn, Star Cricket & Ten Sports). Now we need to pay extra 55rs to get all these channels.

I believe that we need to pay 15rs more to view all this channels.

The most funny part of this issue is, when you ask the Customer Care executive, he will say all the customers are happy with the new package. it seems that they are convincing all the customer by saying this.

I would request Government to take a immediate step to stop this nonsence from this TATASKY...

Swaminathan.J
        Tata sky recharge coupons are not available in market. Agents are charging Rs 330/- for Rs 300/- recharge. I think tatasky doesn't paying any to agents. I request tatasky to pay something to agents/dealers so that they do not rob customers.

Vijay Ratnagiri

We are a subscriber of TATA Sky. We have a package of Rs 330 per month (Rs. 300 for a set of channels + Rs. 30 edu package). Few days ago, the telecast of sports channels and BBC were withdrawan without any prior intimation to us. It is clearly a breach of contract as the terms of contract was changed without informing us. Worse, my account status shows that we r being charged at the same rate as earlier. But what's most irritating is that when we want to speak to customer care, we r kept on hold and in the meanwhile an audio software keeps telling us abt their packages. I fail to understand why someone is doing publicity of its own programme, new launches etc. at our cost. This is clearly unethical business practice. By the way, such practices are now being adopted by most telecom service providers who wd put u on hold and do publicity of their products and services.
          Very true! All consumers who have subscribed to their connection should unite and file a PIL against this Company.
          i had installed tatasky connection on 14/082008 under the 1499 scheme which gives you one month subscription free. i charged Rs 300 to my account on 20/08/2008.on 02/09/08, 11.00 pm while we were watching watching a movie on HBO to our surprise the signal completeley failed and we saw a saw a message saying set top box unable to receive signall called up the call centre but there was no response . on 03/09/2008 registered complaint around 8.30am. and was given is1-[protected]. witin hours 2 guys came and attended the complaint and set it right witin minutes. on enquiring he said the problem was a minor adjustment .to my surprise today i get a alert showing a minus balance asking to recharge . on calling up the call centre
          i was told Rs300 has been debited for the services attended on 3/9/2008.they say any physical damage to the dish does come in the warranty oeriod. for your information there was no physical damage and nobody has did anything to the dish and moreover no part was changed. this is day light robbery. what i cant understand is why you guys are not transparent in the name of service you simply rip off the cutomers i regret for having taking your connection and i will see that none of my friends or people known to me will take your connection.if such is your service sorry u will be losing lot of customers as otherplayers are into the field
          i got the same problem, i asked my money back.they replied -" your money is jingala"
          A part from this i bought 2 connection at the same time since Tata Sky introduced in inian market till date i've not given proper desired services from company even though paying highest amount of money with company norms if you compared in market. There is no choice at all in terms of packages, payments an all. No offices are avilable for their huge no of clients even in metro cities. How do customer can resolve their problems if their customer executives are not satisactory answering on Toll Free Nos.

Sometimes their dealers who are selling vouchers, recharge the coupens in other account instead me & there is no choice to correct the mistake. Noboy is even ready to answer for the same only they ready to say to buy new coupen. A part from this even though paying highest amount of money as compared to other DTH servicing companies we're getting less channels which is not desirable.
          As i was outside of my home town i couldn't recharge last week so i recharge my account yester @ night but its not started yet in fact my digicom is on. So tell me what's the matter that even though it's more than 15 passed away but i'm not getting services even at the same time you'll charge me for both the day. Today any how i want my Tatasky turned on. As per your norms you'll deduct 3 days gress period from my current recharge not more than that if i'm not getting services from you end.

Simply i feel like i'm wasting my to much money by becoming existing geniune customer of Tata Sky since long, this is what "REWARD" company gave me.

My Sub ID is [protected].
          Name: Komal Bhatt

My Tata sky connection was not working, for which I had compliant through helpline. Compliant number 1- [protected] . While booking I was told the service charges is Rs 50/- but I was looted to Rs 350/- while the customer service centre accepts that my voice comfirmation was only Rs 50/- they fail to revert the charges . It is clearly a breach of contract as the terms of contract...
          Hi Mr.Suresh Babu,
          Customer care is one of the best point of contact for query and grievance. Did your STB require a replacement and was it out of warranty?. Tech-visit is always charged by all DTH and in case of acknowledgement that you require a new STB then you would have been charged not otherwise!
          Upto voice confirmation you must have been charged 50/- but if the issue required a tech-visit it must have been charged or else you will not be charged unnecessarily. In case the amount has been debited report it to the CC account section and they will be able to provide transaction details.
            Classic case study on "Corporate Greed" for MBA students! Driven by the backing of the brand "Tata" in...
            OUR SUBSCRIPTION ID NO: [protected]

MY NAME IS : ANSHUL SAINI.

...

I am a consumer of Tatasky Service. My subscriber ID is [protected]. I have super saver pack but
            i did not able to see star movie after the installation of TATA SKY . as per your mannual it included with this pack.Now i did not able to see any sports channels since 1 June 08 these are indluded in the package.
            I was trying to your nos given in the brouchers but no response.
            Kindly let me know the reason why not able to see thses channels getting massage to contact tollfree nos.

Kindly let me known what is gold pack or any package wich included these channels i.e.sprots, neo, bindass, zoom, 9x etc, NDTV Imagine etc.,

Now i am facing the problem in digicom, it is not swiching after the digicom in standby mode.What is problem ? it is in under warrenty .

VP Joshi

Tata Sky — not to activate ADD Sports Plat

I am the Existing Customer of Tata Sky Satellite Telivision having ID.[protected], applied for Add Sports Plat Package on 05.06.08.The charges are debited from my account which shows in account status but the package is not displaying in the TV Set.Please do the needful and activate the above package and oblize.

We Tatasky subscribers are trapped by Tata.
              When I called TataSky about the drop of Amrutha TV, DD Podhigai, DD Sapthagiri the answer was it is based on survey that they have removed these channels. Strangely, the survey is aimed at South Indian DD channels

These DD channels that have been dropped are free to air and we regularly watch for our favorite programs on it.

We need these DD channels back, can someone help bring back these free to air DD channels back on TATA Sky?

The following is thee-mail extract that I received from TATA Sky:
              ========================================
              Dear Mr. Manjunath Subramanyam,

Service Request Reference Number: SR[protected]

This is with reference to your query dated 30/05/2008 08:51:15 AM, enquiring about the non availability of DD Podhigai and Sapthagiri channels.

At the outset, we regret for the inconvenience caused to you.

We would like to inform you that the above channels have been dropped with effect from 26/05/2008. These channels will not be returning back on Tata Sky in the near future.

Given the available bandwidth, Tata Sky is trying to balance the varying viewing interests of the subscribers on a pan India basis, in order to provide the best quality DTH service. Tata Sky has the interest of its subscribers and is trying to offer new and popular channels while dealing with capacity constraints.

It is our endeavor to provide the best possible services and we will continue to work in the best interest of our subscribers.

We appreciate your effort in taking time to write to us.

In the meantime, for any further assistance, please feel free to call us on the Tata Sky helpline

From MTNL/BSNL :[protected]local call charges apply)
              From West : [protected]
              From East/South : [protected]
              From North : [protected]

Or write to us at [protected]@tatasky.com. Manage your Tata Sky account online by logging on to My Tata Sky on www.tatasky.com

Thank you for your valuable association with us. Assuring you of our best services at all times.

Warm regards,

Rajashekhar

Tata Sky Customer Care

======================================
              we had made complaint on monday 16/06/08 that after start monsoon we had problem to start tv due to heavy rain and and due to strong wind so please send a technician to solve problem. at that time your call centre person has lodged complaint and told us that we will send a technician tomorrow on 17/06/08 but he came today on 19/06/08 your technician has visited and asking for 300/- rupees for visiting charge and it will deduct from your account but the call centre person didnt inform us that the technician will take visiting charge. your call centre has to inform us about your visiting charge or service charge and secondly it is too high we had never paid any charges to our cable operator for any kind of services please we request do not deduct or if deducted please give credit even we have lodge complain for services and also your all prime channel had transferred in pay channel we are not satisfied wuth your services and your heavy charges expecting your co-operative approach
              thanking you
              yours faithfully,
              (vijay shah)
              the tatasky is showing no signal from the last 10 days.
              -Ashutosh Tembe {[protected]}
              As of today the new scheme is no instalation charges, now I intend to buy a fresh connection in this scheme and also wish to have a second connection by a box gifted by my cousin in the same city(Digicom) do I have to pay any installation for the second connection and the subscription charges how much? The said Digicom already has an ID No. Please revert fast.
              Thanks and regards,
              Shewaram
              This is to inform you that my subscriber ID is [protected] and i have been charged thrice for getting my set top box changed only once which got spoilt due to heavy rain. I have tried to reach you from all possible ways but to no avail. This happened so that after my set top box got spoiled due to heavy lightning I asked Mr. Khosla to get our set top box changed which he gladly got it changed by his electrician wit yet another spoilt set top box which we realised after we sat down to watch TV. The next day when I called him up his engineered called up admitting his fault. After I received ur message alert i relised whats happened. And yet i was charged last week for the third time. Sir, if you are so desperate for money i can send you a cheque for the amount u need. I feel really ashamed u for wrting this, but u leave no options for us as i have tried to contact you several times. PLEASE STOP CHEATING UR CUSTOMERS. And if at the least u can do something then help me out urgently precisely as quick as possible since two months is a very long time.
              Dr. Sanjeev Lall.
              Patna
              A step by step Instructions to Receive Free to Air Channels from Insat-4B from DD-Direct plus with your TATASky receiver, 90cm Dish and ku-band LNB that came along with your subscription.

coming soon... at

Sub: Refund subscription money
              This is to inform you that since more than two months the Zee Gujarati Channel is not shown in TataSky. While others are showing. This is ridiculous that you are bound to show this channel as per your prior commitments. Since we have paid annual subscription in advance kindly refund our money from may 2009. If not then we will take you to various consumer protection council and send you legal notice. Also we will write to various blogs. If we want to add one channel you charge for it but you drop, you don’t pay back. What is this? I want answer of this problem within three days.
              respected sir
              i ashok arjun khade having my tatasky subcribe id [protected]
              i am rural background from Maharashtra. my mother don't able to speak
              Hindi she know only Marathi, she say me every day i want to see Marathi
              movies even many of my family member don't know Hindi. we have Marathi
              as mother tong.
              i request so many times by phone and email but till not any action
              about zee talkie
              so please take kind action and start zee talkies

yours

ashok khade
                Hi despite having SCV set top box i bought TATA Sky because of Amrita TV broadcasting but all of a sudden stopped the telecast...
                I am a tata Sky subscriber. My user ID is [protected]. during installation in jan 08 it was told to me that i will be given...

Tata Sky — SAMSKRUTI CHANNEL [Resolved]

Samskruti channel has wonderful programmes for spiritual growth and personality development. Topping the list in this channel...

ESPN, Star sports & Star Cricket are recently added to Sports Platinum Package seperately charging Rs. 40/- pm and Tensports Rs. 15/- pm. This was part of my base package earlier. Without information from 01Jun07 all the sports channels there were no signal when approached they said I need to pay more.
                Tata Sky is a complete cheat...They first discontinued all the signals from ESPN, STAR, STAR CRICKET, TEN & BBC...Nowhere it was mentioned in the tickers they were showing prior to 1st June 2008 that we need to approach customer care or the channels will be blacked out. Obviously after that all dissatisfied users would have started calling the customer care...So they ran away from that and shut down their call centres completely...I personally tried calling the call centre nos. since last 5 days for more than 30 minutes every time but didnt get thru. Sent them multiple SMSs to renew the sports package but I got an auto reply that they cannot fulfill my request. I wasted more than 1 months subscription on the calls I had made to customer care since last 5 days.

I am taking Tata Sky to consumer court...I would advise all Tata Sky subscrbers who have been frustrated because of this inexplicable move by tata sky to suddenly block all sports channels and then close all means of reaching them, to resort to legal action against tata sky. We atleast deserve 1 month free subscription to compensate for the trouble and telephone charges.
                I'm tata sky user since last 6 months. Tata sky provided facility to add add-on packages. But they havent provided facility o[censored]nsubscription to those packages. Every time i have to call and tell the customer care executive to remove package. Also, sending sms to tata sky costs 3 rupees. Initially i have spent more than 100 rupees over sending sms. Also unknown amount of money over calling to customer care. Much of the time when i call, call get automatially disconnected. I just got frustated by calling tata sky.Kindly help me in this regard.
                tatasky is the worst thing which happened in my life. they are simply stupid. waste of time and money.

It is known that it is mandatory to broadcast all doordarshan hindi as well as regional channels, but just after a month of subscription to tata sky we found out that they had stopped "DD-8"(DD saptagiri-Telugu) channel and DD-Podhgai...when asked about it the y replied that since they are adding new channels they had to drop certain channels, now i have seen only one new channel i.e.UTVi that they have added, but they claimed 5 were being added...what is the further recourse tha one might take?
                  yes, why they are not telecast of saptagiri telugu channel. it is mandatory. please must be try to telecast of our beloved dd 8 saptagiri telugu channel.
                  varasai swamiji
                  amma ashramam
                  svn colony,
                  guntur

BBC World and BBC Entertaintment channels are dropped from 1 June 2008 in our package of Super Saver Pack.

We had Joined Tata Sky In March 2008 because we wanted these 2 channels in addition to others channels offered in this package. Nowhere were we told that they would discontinue any channel at will. Must we always be calling a helpline that does not answer.

How can we bring these people to think o[censored]s as consumers and not and not as their pawns who are prepared to pay extra because of their whims and fancies.
                    Aug 13, 2020
                    Dear sir/medam my name is arvind kr ojha & tatasky id no [protected]
                    Sir i will req you to my all channels are activated .to Deactivated becouse i m poor man so i have no money to recharge the tata sky mounthly
                    sir mera naam A.K ojha hai id no [protected]
                    sir mainey kuch channels active kiya tha magar mai mounthly recharge 301 ka karata tha ab wo nahi kara pata
                    becouse i m a poor man
                    to aapse req hai ki mere id par jo vhi channels active hai use deactive kar de
                    taaki mai TV ke saath saath pariwaar ko vhi chala saku aor tata sky ka aanand vhi uttha saku pls coutmer ko phone karta karta mobile ka balance khatam ho gaya magar phone nahi laga is liye email kar raha hu

I am having tata sky connection. After marketing the product, the company slowly with drawing some channels from the package and forcing the cosumer to get it as pay channel. I had this connection only for sports. From[protected] all the sports channels were become pay channel. Even the DD tamil and telugu version were stopped. The kannada, malayalam dds were shown. I do not really under stand the yard stick for the southern package. The NE, gujarathi, punjabi bengali and other channels were given which is unnecessary for the southern pakage. Even bbc news channel became paid channel. Having blocked all the channels as paid channels there is no use in having tata sky connection. This is unfair trade practice. I can go for the cable connection or any other connection. I am really sorry to say that. I want to withdraw the tata sky connection. Kindly let me know the proceedure for refund of the amount.

With regards

Y. K. Rajagopal
                      I have ur product since last Cricket world cup, initally i was happy with ur service but day by day it seems to be worst, because when i bought ur connection it was told that all the sports will be show at free of cost, but slowly channels are being dropped one by one and intimating us to view u must pay for it, i am confused i dont know wre it going to land. It this is the way means, i think ur are forcing me to with drew the connection. Please do some thing to satisfy the customers. Mostly SOUTH INDIANS are not benifitted with ur offer. (With the same channels local cable operator are charging Rupees 120/ only).
                      It will greatfull to ur organisation if it consider in getting down the charges. More over please suggest me which will be the suitable package for me, i am intrested in follwing channels only. All tamil channels, Sports channels, CNBC TV 18, Animal Planet, Kids channel. I am intrested in these channels only please guide me.
                      regards
                      UR valuable customer
                      I had subscribed to Tata Sky DTH but did not renew the package after the completion of subscription. In the meantime I also recharged my account with an amount of Rs. 4600 on 18/11/2012 but did not opt for any of the services and my TV was also showing no service. Now thecompany person, Mr. Pradip, is calling and saying that from my account Rs. 22 is being deducted everyday even though they have not and are still not providing me any service. My arguement is that since I am not being provided service why should I be charged. Infact, I am negotiating withanother company for better offer.
                      My last Reference Number with the company is 1#[protected]