I have been trying to follow up regarding this complaint[protected] since December 21, 2014 with absolutely no reply from your side. This is absolutely unprofessional inspite of the number of follow ups from my side (via emails, your web forms and over the phone). I have been liaising with Vishal on this for the past 2 weeks and he has escalated it to the concerned department, but I have not received a single email or phone call about this. This is a formal complaint against booking ID: IN1411B5S183734. Kindly allow me to narrate the sequence of events that] led to this complaint.
The Honeymoon trip was booked on November 26, 2014 with the assistance of Mr. Jay who was quite helpful in assisting me in putting together a suitable itinerary. The trip was as follows:
1. December 13, 2014: Fly from Chennai to Delhi. Drive from Delhi to Shimla. Check into the Radisson Shimla.
2. December 16, 2014: Drive from Shimla to Manali. Check into The Himalayan Resort and Spa, Manali.
3. December 19, 2014: Drive from Manali to Dharamsala. Check into the Nature Bloom Hotel and Resort.
4. December 22, 2014: Drive from Dharamsala to Amrit. Check into the Hyatt Amritsar.
As per the MakeMyTrip
payment policy the entire payment of Rs. 1, 26, 590 was made upfront. Unfortunately the events that transpired once the trip was underway has left me no choice but to register this complaint. Here
is what actually transpired:
1. December 13, 2014: Flew to Delhi from Chennai. Drove to Shimla. Checked into the Radisson Shimla. Since it was the snow storm there, we were unable to venture out for the duration of our stay. This I understand is under no one's control, so we were just at the hotel. A trip to Kufri was included as part of the package, but the taxi driver
assigned to us said the roads were closed. We found out from another couple staying at the hotel (who had also taken the package from MakeMyTrip
) that Kufri was open and their taxi driver took them there. This was surprising to say the least.
2. December 16, 2014: We left Shimla as scheduled en route to Manali. But we never got to Manali. When we reached Kullu, we were told the roads to Manali were closed and no vehicles could pass. But when we called The Himalayan Resort, we were told that we could drive through which was not the case. We had to end up spending the night in Kullu in a lodge with no power, no food and most importantly no heat in temperatures that went as low as -5 degrees. Please remember this is a Honeymoon trip and not a camping one. We had to pay out of our pocket for another room.
3. December 17, 2014: We are told that the road to Manali has been opened up. This morning I called the MakeMyTrip
staff to ask for their advice since we have never been in a situation such as this. The standard response we got was someone will contact you. Someone NEVER contacted us. I must have made at least 15 calls that day, all to vain. We start the drive from Kullu to Manali and once again don't make it. Once again I try to reach the MakeMyTrip
staff to ask for their advice and do not get a response. We then decide to turn around and head to Dharamsala since Manali is out of the question. We then find out that the road to Dharamsala is also closed. Once again, we try to reach the MakeMyTrip
staff but there was no help. I got the same standard answer
that someone would contact me. Since Dharamsala was also closed, we then decided to go to Amritsar, the next place on our tour. I finally get a call from the MakeMyTrip
team, but the service was just poor. In a nutshell, I told them the above mentioned events and that we were heading to Amritsar because we had no choice and requested the reservation we had in Amritsar on the December 22nd to be advanced so that we could at least find a place to stay and get some food and warmth. Mind you, we have been on the road for over 14 hours at this point. I am also told the team will try to make some adjustments to accommodate us. This never happened.
4. December 20, 2014: On December 18 and 19, once again I try to reach the MakeMyTrip
team to try and rework the rest of the tour especially since we couldn't even get to 3 of the planned places on the trip and am told that I will be contacted by someone. The call has still not come. I once again had to pay out of my pocket for the 2 days in Amritsar. Since we did not get any help from the MakeMyTrip
team, we decided to head back to Delhi since that is where we will be returning home from. We checked into a hotel there and once again had to shell out from our own pockets.
To say that this trip has been nightmarish would be an understatement, but it is simply unacceptable the customer service that MakeMyTrip
offers its customers. After spending Rs. 1, 26, 590 for a trip, we have already had to shell out an additional Rs. 65, 000 simply because your team just kept making false promises and did not have the courtesy to return calls for distress. There were times when your staff even hung up the phone on me while I was trying to explain to them the dire predicament we were in. I am not even going to mention the toll this has
taken on my newly wedded wife. And I am still waiting for that phone call. At this point I have just given up especially since I have tried reaching your staff at least 50 times during the trip looking for help, not to mention the follow ups for this complaint. While I understand your team has no control over the weather conditions, it is absolutely unacceptable that your team provides such poor customer service knowing fully well the plight of the customer. In the interest of keeping it civil for all parties involved, my request is simple:
Of the entire trip planned, we spent 3 days in Shimla at the Radisson and 1 day in Amritsar at the Hyatt. The remaining 7 days (6 nights) hotel expenses have been additionally paid out of my own pocket. I would
like a complete refund for those 6 nights. Since the payment to MakeMyTrip
was made on a credit card, this should be simple enough to reverse. I was already told that the refund would be done (on one of the calls) but I don't see any movement on your part. Please ensure this is taken care of immediately. At least this time, I hope to see some promptness on the MakeMyTrip
team's part. Looking forward to a quick resolution to this complaint.