MakeMyTrip India Complaints & Reviews

2.5
Last updated Dec 7, 2021
Profile

File a complaint to MakeMyTrip India

Having problems with MakeMyTrip India?

File a complaint and get it resolved by MakeMyTrip India customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

MakeMyTrip India reviews & complaints (6148)

I tried to Book Bus Ticket from Mumbai to Jalgaon for 25-Dec-14. The amount is debited from my CC account but ticket was not confirmed. I had discussed with same issue with MMT Customer Care Officer, She had informed that though the amount was debited, the ticket is not confirmed hence make new booking. The amount of non-completed transaction (NU[protected]) will be credited to my account within 48 hours. Till 10-Jan-2015, the amount is not credited to my account. I have sent 6-7 mail, called 5-6 times to customer caer and also raised 8 complaints through my make my trip account. All complaints are closed without any refund / discussion with me. When called to customer care, the officer is asking me to submit my CC statement to prove that amount has been debited and not credit to my account. This is very painful experience with make my trip. I want to understand when will my amount get credited to my account?
Jan 14, 2015
Updated by santosh1668
Can I get any update for my complaint?
What is the status for it?
Thanks and regs
Dear santosh1668,

We are sorry to read about the issue. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

In reference to your complaint, we have validated your case with our accounts team and found that refund for INR 495.00 has been initiated from our end on 12-Jan-15 with RRN#[protected] and same should reflect in your account as per your bank processing cycle. We thank you for contacting us.

Dear Sir/ Madam,
Thank you for the response though it is tooooo delayed.
As per your POLICY, customer should be refunded failed transaction amount within 72 hours. But after 8-10 mails + 3-4 escalations and 10-12 telephone calls, the processes is initiated on 12-Jan-15 (The transaction failed happened on 25-Dec-14). That means almost more than 3 weeks.
Are you going to pay interest for this period? Else I will book a ticket on credit and will pay the amount after month. Hope this will be ok with you.
Please respond back and do not ignore the mail.

Thanks and regs
Dear SURESH BORAIAH,

In reference to your complaint, we have validated your case with your accounts team and found that refund for INR 15185.00 with RRN#[protected] has been initiated from our end on 24-Jan-15 and same should reflect in your account as per your bank processing cycle.

Please note that your tickets were exchanged by the airline, so we could not claim refund directly on your tickets in the system. We had to raise refund request from our end under RA#[protected]. This RA was approved by airline on 24-Jan-15 and that is when we have initiated this refund. We thank you for contacting us.

MakeMyTrip.com — Refund not given

It is proved that Make My Trip is only interested in new customer. I was told that I will get 200 RS cashback if I will make...

Name :- Abhishek Tiwari
    Makemytrip Booking ID:- NU[protected]
    BUS TYPE BOOKED:- 2X2 MERCEDES BENZ, AC VIDEO
    BUS TYPE TRAVELLED:- 2X2 VOLVO.

I booked a Mercedes Benz bus ticket from Manali to Delhi on 30.12.2014 through Makemytrip.com.
    There was no prior intimation from makemytrip that this bus has been discontinued on this route. On my enquiry at the local private bus stand i came to know that this bus has been discontinued. I called Makemytrip customer care on 29.12.2014 and enquired the same. I then received a confirmation msg from makemytrip.com that there is no change and same bus will leave at 16.30 on 30.12.2014 from Manali Private bus stand.
    On 30.12.2014 at 13.00 i again tried calling the bus operator 'Monal Himalayan Travels Pvt Ltd - [protected]' the operator informed that its a volvo bus whose ticket is Rs.900 for one day advance booking and Rs.1100 for current day booking. Then I talked to Makemytrip.com and asked them for my refund and then they asked me to wait for sometime. Then i received a call from bus operator at around 14.30 that i have two options either i have to travel in the provided Volvo bus or i have to cancel the ticket and try for some other bus. Since i was helpless at that time as i had a train booked from Delhi to my home town allahabad so i agreed to travel but i was also promised a refund of the difference in the ticket value. The makemytrip.com people are total fraud and they are charging passengers 550/person extra on the ticket. I booked two tickets hence i lost around Rs. 1100. If they had informed me in time i could have completely cancelled the ticket and would have arranged some other bus service. The seats of the bus in which i travelled was very uncomfortable and legroom was almost nill. Me and my wife could hardly sleep on the way. She also felt sick since we could sleep properly the whole night. For the sake of my comfort only i booked a costly Mercedes bus ticket even though i could have booked a cheaper volvo ticket. I booked two tickets hence i at least deserve a refund of Rs.1100 for the two tickets, ignoring the discomfort caused to me by makemytrip.com

Sir/Mam, kindly help me in this matter so that these bus booking frauds can be stopped in India.
    MakeMyTrip India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I booked my ticket from AGRA to PUNE. It gor cancelled and I received the message from IRCTCi that "the amount wil be refunded"....

I had purchased three tickets from Make my trip, one for my wife, one for my self and one for my son. Singapore -Hyderabad ticket. The issue started from 24th November when at first i tried booking the ticket, money was debited from my account but my tickets were not done, my wife's ticket was wrongly done, my son who was turning a child on the date of travel was booked as an infant where as make my trip collected the full amount. After this i tried contacting them several times, wrote many mails and finally on 27th there other team refunded back the money which their ticket booking team were not aware of. After this when they felt that they have returned back the money, they started helping me in resolving the issue. Many mails were exchanged between Make my trip and me where in i pointed out on their mistakes and dishonest way of working. Most of the time they lied to me and when i told me that i had everything confirmed from the airline, then they purchased my ticket. finally i wrote a mail to Deep Kalra CEO make my trip, by then some one from make my trip has sent me a copy of chronology of the mistakes that has happened from their end in booking my ticket. after that they became polite to me and communicated me that out of ticket cost of 24, 000 because of their mistakes they are only charging me 9000 now. But i clearly told them that they had always given false statement to me pertaining to each and every activity, for which i have substantial proof i.e., all mail copies. i told them that if they answer to my questions and give me a brief note on their misdoings, i shall surely pay them the money but till now they have not turned up and they are not ware that i am already having the chronology of the event about their misdoings. please suggest me what next step should i take against them. i have all the mail copies.
      MakeMyTrip India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
      I know that make my trip will not revert back easily as they know that they have done a default and provided wrong information to me. There entire team misguided with false promises and loose talks. This is one such company whom I shall never be able to trust life time. I have gone through enough mental agony because of them and I want that they should revert back with an apology and compensate me accordingly for all the medical expenses incurred, time lost, Health detoriation .
      I have all the copies of the mails as proof of their cheating and false remarks .
      I totaly agree with you VCN I have met a similar fate.

Very bad experience. Booking Id: NH[protected]. I booked a hotel & got d confirmation. Hotel said its not confirmed....

MakeMyTrip Team, I have been trying to follow up regarding this complaint[protected] since December 21, 2014 with absolutely no reply from your side. This is absolutely unprofessional inspite of the number of follow ups from my side (via emails, your web forms and over the phone). I have been liaising with Vishal on this for the past 2 weeks and he has escalated it to the concerned department, but I have not received a single email or phone call about this. This is a formal complaint against booking ID: IN1411B5S183734. Kindly allow me to narrate the sequence of events that] led to this complaint. The Honeymoon trip was booked on November 26, 2014 with the assistance of Mr. Jay who was quite helpful in assisting me in putting together a suitable itinerary. The trip was as follows: 1. December 13, 2014: Fly from Chennai to Delhi. Drive from Delhi to Shimla. Check into the Radisson Shimla. 2. December 16, 2014: Drive from Shimla to Manali. Check into The Himalayan Resort and Spa, Manali. 3. December 19, 2014: Drive from Manali to Dharamsala. Check into the Nature Bloom Hotel and Resort. 4. December 22, 2014: Drive from Dharamsala to Amrit. Check into the Hyatt Amritsar. As per the MakeMyTrip payment policy the entire payment of Rs. 1, 26, 590 was made upfront. Unfortunately the events that transpired once the trip was underway has left me no choice but to register this complaint. Here is what actually transpired: 1. December 13, 2014: Flew to Delhi from Chennai. Drove to Shimla. Checked into the Radisson Shimla. Since it was the snow storm there, we were unable to venture out for the duration of our stay. This I understand is under no one's control, so we were just at the hotel. A trip to Kufri was included as part of the package, but the taxi driver assigned to us said the roads were closed. We found out from another couple staying at the hotel (who had also taken the package from MakeMyTrip) that Kufri was open and their taxi driver took them there. This was surprising to say the least. 2. December 16, 2014: We left Shimla as scheduled en route to Manali. But we never got to Manali. When we reached Kullu, we were told the roads to Manali were closed and no vehicles could pass. But when we called The Himalayan Resort, we were told that we could drive through which was not the case. We had to end up spending the night in Kullu in a lodge with no power, no food and most importantly no heat in temperatures that went as low as -5 degrees. Please remember this is a Honeymoon trip and not a camping one. We had to pay out of our pocket for another room. 3. December 17, 2014: We are told that the road to Manali has been opened up. This morning I called the MakeMyTrip staff to ask for their advice since we have never been in a situation such as this. The standard response we got was someone will contact you. Someone NEVER contacted us. I must have made at least 15 calls that day, all to vain. We start the drive from Kullu to Manali and once again don't make it. Once again I try to reach the MakeMyTrip staff to ask for their advice and do not get a response. We then decide to turn around and head to Dharamsala since Manali is out of the question. We then find out that the road to Dharamsala is also closed. Once again, we try to reach the MakeMyTrip staff but there was no help. I got the same standard answer that someone would contact me. Since Dharamsala was also closed, we then decided to go to Amritsar, the next place on our tour. I finally get a call from the MakeMyTrip team, but the service was just poor. In a nutshell, I told them the above mentioned events and that we were heading to Amritsar because we had no choice and requested the reservation we had in Amritsar on the December 22nd to be advanced so that we could at least find a place to stay and get some food and warmth. Mind you, we have been on the road for over 14 hours at this point. I am also told the team will try to make some adjustments to accommodate us. This never happened. 4. December 20, 2014: On December 18 and 19, once again I try to reach the MakeMyTrip team to try and rework the rest of the tour especially since we couldn't even get to 3 of the planned places on the trip and am told that I will be contacted by someone. The call has still not come. I once again had to pay out of my pocket for the 2 days in Amritsar. Since we did not get any help from the MakeMyTrip team, we decided to head back to Delhi since that is where we will be returning home from. We checked into a hotel there and once again had to shell out from our own pockets. To say that this trip has been nightmarish would be an understatement, but it is simply unacceptable the customer service that MakeMyTrip offers its customers. After spending Rs. 1, 26, 590 for a trip, we have already had to shell out an additional Rs. 65, 000 simply because your team just kept making false promises and did not have the courtesy to return calls for distress. There were times when your staff even hung up the phone on me while I was trying to explain to them the dire predicament we were in. I am not even going to mention the toll this has taken on my newly wedded wife. And I am still waiting for that phone call. At this point I have just given up especially since I have tried reaching your staff at least 50 times during the trip looking for help, not to mention the follow ups for this complaint. While I understand your team has no control over the weather conditions, it is absolutely unacceptable that your team provides such poor customer service knowing fully well the plight of the customer. In the interest of keeping it civil for all parties involved, my request is simple: Of the entire trip planned, we spent 3 days in Shimla at the Radisson and 1 day in Amritsar at the Hyatt. The remaining 7 days (6 nights) hotel expenses have been additionally paid out of my own pocket. I would like a complete refund for those 6 nights. Since the payment to MakeMyTrip was made on a credit card, this should be simple enough to reverse. I was already told that the refund would be done (on one of the calls) but I don't see any movement on your part. Please ensure this is taken care of immediately. At least this time, I hope to see some promptness on the MakeMyTrip team's part. Looking forward to a quick resolution to this complaint. Thank you. Ranjith
        MakeMyTrip India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Hi, In the whole process of ticket booking for the mentioned booking id (NF[protected]the ticket was showing refundable (have proof of the screenshot of the confirmation attached). But post payment i received makemytrip confirmation mail as the ticket is non refundable. i booked the ticket only with an intention that the ticket is refundable . not because it cant be refunded if any issue arise. In addition i call makemytrip call centre from my mobile no. raising this concern and the customer care agent simply denied to raise a complaint id against my request stating he is facing some technical issue. When i requested to transfer the call to the senior or other agent who can provide me the complaint id. The call was on hold for past 1hours and no body yet responded. Makemytrip Customer Service is really pathetic, and i FEAR to book any further ticket with makemytrip as the outcome of the whole process is not same. my refundable ticket is now non refundable. Request you to get this corrected to avoid any refundaable issues with respect to the above booking. Moreover while writing this complaint i am not able to attach the screenshot of the proof of the system website to show ticket refundable. Moreover Makemytrip Complaint page is down. Kindly get the ticket status corrected to refundable and share me the confirmation. This is clear intend of misleading the customer for transaction of ticket which was not promised as per the details shared.
          MakeMyTrip India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I had enquired for Flight tickets from Chennai to Kolkata and back on 31/12/2014 on your website.For Chennai to Kolkata I was shown INDIGO Flight 6E527 scheduled departure from Chennai at 6.00 am on 01/01/2015 and for return from Kolkata to Chennai was shown INDIGO Flight 6E271 scheduled departure from Kolkata at 6.30 a.m. Total amount of fares for round-trip was around Rs.19667/- Hence I proceeded to book the tickets. After long wait without going into the details of the flights as I already had clicked for booking based on previous screen, I proceeded to pay through my Debit Card. But to my horror, when the payment was made, I realised that I was duped in the previous page and From and To destinations were interchanged i.e. instead of booking tickets from Chennai-Kolkata-Chennai, Make my trip had booked Kolkata-Chennai-Kolkata. Being shocked at being cheated like this by renowned Travel Website, I immediately went for cancellation. Again I was in for a shock when I was informed of being refunded only Rs.15877/- and rest of the amount charged for cancellation. Being a renowned Travel Site, It does not behove you to such malpractices. Hence I would request you to refund Rs.3790/- deducted for cancellation and oblige so that I do not have to raise this issue to appropriate legal authority of the country. Regards Md. Danish Mustafa Ashok Leyland Ltd. Guindy, Chennai [protected]
            MakeMyTrip India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Hello Team, This is reference to the complaint I raised on Dec 7 2014 Reference ID[protected]. It is almost 22 days, I didn't get any response from the team. I am yet to receive the final Invoice copy for my room stay at the Hotel Corus. I require the final invoice and payment acknowledgement slip desperately, as it is required for claiming purpose. When I checked with hotel they told, Make my trip will be providing the final invoice. Please find the below details. Check in: Sat, Dec 06, 2014 Check out: Sun, Dec 07, 2014 MakeMyTrip Booking ID - IN1412B6S038132 Service Voucher No - NH[protected] Booking Date - Fri, 05 Dec 2014 Hotel Details The Corus, NEW DELHI AND NCR (The Corus Thanks and Regards Harikrishnaraj BPM +[protected] email: [protected]@gmail.com

MakeMyTrip.com — SpiceJet flight cancellation refund

SpiceJet SG215 was cancelled on 17th Dec. I called MakeMyTrip to cancel the tickets under 2 different PNR (Y8DCQZ and ZYJJ5Q). To...
                Hi, yesterday I booked one ticket from Mumbai to Ahmedabad from Make my trip side, from Karan (Dhananjya Travels) Bus...

I booked Tickets for 12 passengers for Puri trip for 17th January, 2015 to 20th January, 2015 which was Rs. 20, 900 per person which amounted to Rs. 2, 50, 800.After that I wanted to include the 13th passenger, so as per the telephonic conversation with the executive Pooja Rahi after including the 13th passenger due to which no extra rooms were booked no extra car was booked only the flight tickets were booked still the per person charge was 20, 900 And the total trip cost was around Rs. 2, 71, 700 after that I placed the request for the cancellation of one passenger Mr, Govind Kumar Singh and I was informed that the charges will be Rs 3500 cancellation charges and some penalty taxes and all by the executive Mr. Shardul After telling to confirm the cancellation I was expecting the total package cost would be Rs 2, 50, 800 for 12 persons and some cancellation charges which may amount to Rs. 3500 to 4000 so in all our total package cost would have been around Rs 2, 55, 000 but now I am informed it will be around Rs. 2, 66, 000 if that is the case that inspite of cancellation the person still has to pay around Rs. 15000 i.e. 75% of the per person cost what's the use of cancellation, that too I placed the request 21 days prior to the actual trip. It makes no sense cancelling it. If only the executive Mr. Shardul would have intimated me before about the charges payable for the same. We wouldnt have gone for cancellation. Today I again spoke to makemytrip executive Ms. Pooja Rahi, the one who made the bookings, promised me to look in to the matter and arrange a call back further, She refused to come on the call itself when I tried again in the evening, saying she is from sales and cant say anything related to payments. For which she told me earlier in the morning that our total package after cancellation will cost to Rs. 2, 61, 603. And now again it has jumped to this new amount. I have also registered a complaint officially twice at makemytrip website regarding the same, bearing reference ID[protected] and[protected], but I havent recieved any further response from the Makemytrip team. And till the matter gets resolved, I am not going to pay the cancellation charges for the 13th passenger, I will only pay total of Rs. 2, 50, 800.00 for 12 passengers and the cancellation charges will only be paid after this matter gets resolved. I am not saying that the charges are more and I cant bear that, the matter is I was not aware of the charges beforehand, or I would not have cancelled it. Now please look into the matter, either undo the cancellation for 13th person or I will only pay Rs. 3500 plus taxes as promised by the make my trip executive Shardul. So now if kindly you can look into the matter seriously and revert me at your earliest. regards Sonali Singh
                MakeMyTrip India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
                After reading your story i wonder MMT is doing same thing with each costumer once u make booking they will be very nice and your call get connected with the agent very quickly however once i[censored] r trying to contact customer service u have told for long time WELL MY CONCERN IS STILL THE SAME FOR CANCELATION

very
                bad experience this time as i made this reservation on the first day of
                the year with mmt and i realized that it will we not possible to go at
                the time of travel so i tried to VOID the reservation and called MMT an
                exe told i have to call the airlines for the same i called AIR INDIA for
                the same AIR INDIA told me it will be only possible to VOID the ticket
                with the travel agency who made the reservation so i again called and
                in a hope to get some help but no one was there to help me so i told
                that i want to speak to SOD agent told and promise me that i will get a
                call back hover i waited for 3 days as i had not received any call
                from SOD i called and informed that i want to talk to sod agent again
                told me to wait as he is arranging a call back and yes i got the call
                back from sod and sod promised to resolve the problem and get back to me
                in 24-48 hrs however its being almost 1 week i had not received any
                call or e-mail also find the ATTACHMENT of screen shot of e-mail which i received from AIR INDIA As
                i always made all my travel arrangements with MMT so expecting to get
                some hep and if not then i will be taking the case to next level
                consumer forum and ending up with some blogs HOPING FOR SOME HELP !!!Ritesh[protected]

I booked Spicejet flight No. SG 622 Delhi to Kolkata for 23/12/14 through Makemytrip.com. Name of Passenger: Abhijit Malakar, PNR No. B2FM7V. Fare Rs. 6757/-. However, I received sms on 15/12/14 from you that flight has been cancelled due to operational issues. However, I have not received refund till date. Makemytrip is saying that they have not received the refund from Spicejet. I request you to immediately refund the amount to me. Yours sincerely Abhijit Malakar [protected]
                  Aug 13, 2020
                  MakeMyTrip India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I have booked my Thailand trip with Make my trip. After the agreeing amount and paying first installment Make my trip team called back and say there is difference of 30K more to be paid as the hotel charges is increased. After my discussion with Mr. Punit (Manager of Make My trip) he reversed that demand. After Paying all amount I contacted MMT team when I will get my travel document, I have been told there is INR655/- still pending even when I received confirmation that there is no amount is pending. Later on MMT team told me this amount is due to currency conversion, when I told why I should be paying this, MMT tam taken 5 days to resolve this issue and I have received my Travel ticket and voucher just 2 days before. Every time I followed up, there call agents just transfer call here and there. They never give you the call when they promise. Call Centre agents just give standard answers. I will advise never go with MMT as they became big but their operations are still not managed, no SLA and commitment to services to customer.
                    MakeMyTrip India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I have booked 2 tickets in AC sleeper bus(Royal travels) through make my trip site . i booked 2*2 seats but i did not get the seats which i have been booked. Bus holder was told me that i have to compromise in a single seat. what is this nonsense?? i have paid for 2 seats and i got only one seat. So, i am going to file complaint against make my trip. so that company will refund my payment. BUS TYPE:2*2, sleeper/Seater, AC, video and Make my trip bus id: NU[protected]. And thanks for this service i will make you sure that never do this mistake again to take the service of make my trip and booked the tickets through make my trip
                      MakeMyTrip India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Dear Sir/Madam, I booked Ticket from Delhi to Mumbai whose details are :-MakeMyTrip Booking ID - NF[protected]Booking Date - Fri, 26 Dec 2014PNR - 4OYRM8DepartureDelhi (DEL)Terminal 1DSat, 27 Dec 2014 08:10 hrsArrivalMumbai (BOM)Terminal 1ASat, 27 Dec 2014 10:15 hrsBut I tried to book this ticket two times when my money is deducted but ticket was not booked.I got transaction message of same from my bank.PFA : Bank statement of same.Kindly do needful.ThanksPranand Patil[protected][protected]@gmail.com
                        MakeMyTrip India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Dear Sir/Ma'am, This is to notify you that for transaction detail booking id- NF[protected] through Make My Trip(Go Air...

Due to festive season demand makemy trip offered greenline travels operated bus booking from vijayawada to Chennai increasing the ticket rate by 3 times. I have booked bus ticket for my wife and daughter to travel from Guntur to Chennai travel date 6/10/2014. Greenline travels is not a regular service bus and there is no local agent in Guntur.The pick up time at guntur is 9 pm. We have waited in the advised bus stop from 9 to 12 PM without luck. During the time we have tried to contact the mobile numbers provided in the reservation without success. All the mobiles found in off condition. After that send compalint many times to makemy trip and every time received acknowledgement and no further communication. It is clear that the makemy trip money collected bus operator didn't operated the bus service and shamelessly makemytrip management ashamed to acknowledge it and not bothered to return the mean amount money. They should be ashamed to accept booking for such unreliable bus operators and cheating the customers. Their customer service is not as good as they advertise. Please beware of Makemy trip.
                          Dear lankanarayana,

We were looking into your concern but have found that a few important details are missing.Please provide us with the following details:

- Booking ID or

- Email address used at the time of booking

We await your response to get the matter checked at our end.

Booking ID: NU[protected]

Correspondence with Makemytrip ID:[protected]

Email: [protected]@yahoo.co.in

During the last sale season November 17th, 2014, I booked one ticket for me and my wife from Mumbai to Lucknow. That day the site was heavily overloaded and it was taking a lot of time to load. Luckily it responded after few trials and I was at booking page. Since me and my wife are frequent traveller so our names were there in the saved passenger details list. I checked those tabs and clicked to book the ticket but due to the slow server the website didn't responded well. Then again I filled the passenger names manually and this time it responded and I was at payment page. But when I got the e-ticket I was shocked as the name of my wife was missing from the ticket while my name was appearing twice. I was really mad about it. How could a company like makemytrip can do this silly mistake. A ticket booked having same passenger name twice is the failure of entire IT cell of makemytrip. They should shutdown their website if this silly mistake is allowed by their server. I tried to contact them over call but no one responded. Then I wrote them about the issue and again they took a lot of time to reply. Few days later when they replied it was really absurd. They sent me one technical log sheet showing that it was my mistake and it was me who entered my name twice. I was really disappointed by their reply. How could they become so irresponsible. Anyway I will not let it go so easily. They will definately learn a lesson. Let me give you an example of the absurdness of their website. Go to Fare Calendar page of their website and try to fill same name in "To and From" section. It will not accept the same name. Now see the hypocrisy that it will accept the same passenger name in a single e-ticket. They are good at hiding their loopholes and extremely good at blaming consumer. They should change the name of their customer care forum to CUSTOMER BLEMING FORUM.